BCom stands for Bachelor of Commerce. BCom provides you wide career opportunities like Accountant, Auditor, Tax consultant and so on. Mostly the duration of Bachelor of Commerce Degree spans over a period of 3 years. A person seeking the Commerce Degree needs to study 5-7 subjects. One can opt for various combinations depending upon the availability of choices in various Institutes. Bachelor of Commerce course is offered in many different disciplines to train candidates in a particular field.
B.com Course Details
|Summery & Course Details|
|Full form||Bachelor of Commerce|
|Eligibility||10+2 or equivalent|
|Fee||Total Fee of Rs. 20,000-25,000|
|Course Type||Regular mode / Distance mode|
|Starting salary offered||Rs.15,000 to Rs.45,000 per month|
|Employment opportunities||Accountant, Management, Auditing, Tax Filing etc.|
Subjects in Bachelor of Commerce
- Cost Account,
- Human Resource,
Specialization Course in B.com – Bachelor of Commerce
Following are the available specialization courses in Bcom
1. BCom. – Advertising & Sales Management: In this program students are taught about the important aspects of Advertising and Sales Management. It is beneficial for students who want to work in marketing and advertising industry.
2. BCom. – Computer Application: In this program students are taught about computer application, software development and operating procedures, along with regular commerce subjects like accounts, economics, statistics, etc.
3. BCom. – Foreign Trade: In this program students are taught about the foreign trade procedures and transactions, along with regular BCom. subjects. It is beneficial for students who want to work in a company involved in import and /or export activities.
4. BCom. – E-Commerce: In this program students are taught to effectively manage e-commerce business like online shops, or business portals along with technical and legal issues associated with it. It is beneficial for those students who have a knack for Commerce in the Electronic form.
5. BCom. – Honours: BCom (H) is an extensive form of General or Pass Course BCom. Many colleges run these courses in semester system like in Engineering, MBA or other courses. Students are taught all the subjects in more detailed form than they are covered in normal B. Com. Besides students are allowed to choose one subject for specialization in their final year. For example one can opt for specialization in Accounts, Cost Account, Management, Computer, Economics or any other subject.
6. B. Com – Office Management: In this program students are taught about computer applications, office administration, communication skills, work ethics and corporate culture. It is beneficial for those students who are interested in managing an office.
7. B. Com – Tax Procedure: In this program students are taught tax procedures and essentials, along with other commercial subjects. It is beneficial for students who want to work in Accounts or Tax department of any
company or those who want to start their own tax consultancy firm.
Those candidates who are unable to clear it in 3 years can clear it in certain number of years depending upon the education policy of an institute. Most of the Institutes offer change of Elective Subjects in the 2nd year depending upon one’s performance or choice.
Certain Institutes admit students who have passed 1st or 2nd year from another institute depending upon fulfilment of the institutes rules and regulations. Bachelor of Commerce is considered as the second most preferred option for those who are not able to get admission in Science and those who think that Arts Degree is a lesser cousin of a Commerce Course.
B.Com. Course Eligibility
- Any Student with 50% in H.S.C. examinations (10 + 2) from a recognised Education Board with Science, Arts or Commerce stream can opt for Bachelor of Commerce.
- Students who have studied Commerce in 10+2 are given preference over others.
Syllabus of Bachelor of Commerce as prescribed by various Universities and Colleges.
|Sr. No.||Subjects of Study|
|1||Major Indian Language|
|3||Financial Accounting I|
|4||Business Regulatory Framework|
|5||Principle and Practice of Management and Business|
|1||Information Technology and its Application in Business|
|2||Principles of Marketing|
|3||Financial Accounting II|
|4||Direct and Indirect Taxation|
|5||Cost and Management Accounting I|
|A||Elective Group: Accounting & Finance|
|2||Cost and Management Accounting|
|B||Elective Group: Marketing|
|1||Consumer Behaviour and Sales Management|
|2||Product and Price Management and Rural Marketing|
|3||Retail Management and Marketing of Services|
|C||Elective Group: Taxation|
|1||Direct Tax: Laws and Practices|
|2||Indirect Tax: Laws and Practices|
|3||Text Planning and Procedures|
|D||Elective Group: Computer Applications and e-business|
|1||Fundamentals of Computer|
|2||Data Communication and Networking and Financial e-business|
|3||Computer Applications and e-business Applications (practical)|
Employment Opportunities for B.com Students
- Budget Planning
- Business Consultancies
- Merchant Banking
- Public Accounting Firms
- Working Capital Management
- Policy Planning
- Public Accounting Firms
- Treasury and Forex Department
- Educational Institutes
- Foreign Trade
- Industrial Houses
- Inventory Control
- Investment Banking
B.Com. Job Types
- Budget Analyst
- Business Consultant
- Certified Public Accountant
- Chartered Management Accountant
- Chief Financial Officer
- Cost Estimator
- Finance Manager
- Financial Analyst
- Stock Broker
Advance Courses in B.Com.
- M.B.A. (e-Commerce)
After completing B.Com. you can become:
- Tax Consultant
- Finance Officer
Salary offered to B.com Candidates
The graduates of Bachelor of Commerce are getting handsome salary package. However, salary of the candidates varies from department to department. Candidates having few years of experience may get lucrative pay.
Salaries depend on the nature of organization and type of job. “However, it ranges between Rs. 10,000 and Rs. 25,000 per month for a fresh hire.
The average salary of a CA in the company is around 5 lakh to 10 lakh per annum.